In the PreSchool, our older children (up to 5 years) are taught, cared for and supervised by a team of fully qualified and experienced nursery trained staff.
We use the seven areas of learning from the Early Years Foundation Stage Guidance to plan for each child and promote development on an individual basis.
We combine this with lots of fun and games to promote play with other children and social development.
All areas of learning are equally important and underpinned by their Key Person.
For children aged 3+ years we provide a staff ratio of 1:8.
The seven areas of learning used for planning are:-
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Physical Development
- Communication and Language
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
Through our planning, we encourage each child with:
- Language, listening and attention development –working alongside the letters and sounds documentation
- Number recognition, counting skills and basic mathematical concepts
- Exploring and using media and materials, including first level Information Technology and use of computers and interactive white board
- Understanding people and communities and the World in which we live
- Early European Languages (normally French and Spanish)
- Physical play and development through extensive use of movement, dance and drama as well health and self-care
- Developmental music, rhythm and rhyme and singing
- A wide variety of craft activities encouraging independence and imagination, and sensory, creative and manipulative skills
- High standards of personal and social behaviour.