This is a fun game that helps support the children to relate numerals to quantity. We have to give a certain number of objects to our friend sitting next to us. It helps us to count, but also take turns and share resources too!
New Development Matters:
Mathematics; 3 and 4 year olds will be learning to:
- Link numerals and amounts: for example, showing the right number of objects to match the numeral, up to 5.
- Say one number for each item in order: 1,2,3,4,5.
- Compare quantities using language: ‘more than’, ‘fewer than’.
Personal, Social and Emotional Development; 3 & 4 year olds will be learning to:
- Increasingly follow rules, understanding why they are important.
- Build constructive and respectful relationships.