We use the seven areas of learning from the Early Years Foundation Stage Guidance to plan for each child and promote development on an individual basis. Working hand-in-hand with the Early Years Foundation Stage Guidance, the educational development of each child is overseen by our qualified Nursery Nurses ensuring the children are given a wide variety of age-appropriate early learning experiences and support every step of the way.
The seven areas of learning used for planning are:-
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Physical Development
- Communication and Language
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
All areas of learning are equally important and even coverage of these areas is planned, observed, implemented and evaluated on a cyclical basis by your child’s Key Person as they progress through each of the age bands.
Through our planning, we encourage each child with the following skills which will help them to develop strong foundations on which to build upon at Primary School and beyond:
- Language, listening and attention development –working alongside the letters and sounds documentation
- Number recognition, counting skills and basic mathematical concepts
- Exploring and using media and materials, including first level Information Technology and use of computers and interactive white board
- Understanding people and communities and the World in which we live
- Early European Languages (normally French and Spanish)
- Physical play and development through extensive use of movement, dance and drama as well health and self-care
- Developmental music, rhythm and rhyme and singing
- A wide variety of craft activities encouraging independence and imagination, and sensory, creative and manipulative skills
- High standards of personal and social behaviour.
Inclusion at Shooting Stars
At Shooting Stars, we cater specifically to the needs of every child. We track and monitor the progress of every child to ensure that they are meeting their individual targets. Where this isn’t the case, we plan support and intervention strategies to ensure that help is given in a timely manner.
Individualised support ‘that is additional to and different from that of the other children’ (SEND Code of Practice 2014) is provided for all children with special educational needs and disabilities to ensure that they make good progress and reach their potential.
We work together with parents and carers, outside agencies and professionals from our Local Authorities, and beyond to ensure that we offer the best support to our children. If you wish to learn more about SEND provision in your local authority, links can be found below to the local offer for each of the local authorities in which Shooting Stars Nurseries operate.
Worcester and Bromsgrove nurseries:
Kings Norton nursery:
What Parents Say
“I would like to take this time to thank you on behalf of my family, myself and most importantly my daughter for all the care and fun you have provided over the last 3 years. She has been very lucky to go to such a great nursery, and I am sure she will miss everyone.“
“I honestly cannot recommend it enough! All the staff are fantastic, very friendly and they’re brilliant with catering for specific health/allergy requirements. Top quality security also.“
“Highly recommend this nursery!! My daughter has gone for two years now and is leaving for school soon. I know she's going to miss the place and the staff and so will I!“