We use the seven areas of learning from the Early Years Foundation Stage Guidance to plan for each child and promote development on an individual basis. Working hand-in-hand with the Early Years Foundation Stage Guidance, the educational development of each child is overseen by our qualified Nursery Nurses ensuring the children are given a wide variety of age-appropriate early learning experiences and support every step of the way.
The seven areas of learning used for planning are:-
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Physical Development
- Communication and Language
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
All areas of learning are equally important and even coverage of these areas is planned, observed, implemented and evaluated on a cyclical basis by your child’s Key Person as they progress through each of the age bands.
Through our planning, we encourage each child with the following skills which will help them to develop strong foundations on which to build upon at Primary School and beyond:
- Language, listening and attention development –working alongside the letters and sounds documentation
- Number recognition, counting skills and basic mathematical concepts
- Exploring and using media and materials, including first level Information Technology and use of computers and interactive white board
- Understanding people and communities and the World in which we live
- Early European Languages (normally French and Spanish)
- Physical play and development through extensive use of movement, dance and drama as well health and self-care
- Developmental music, rhythm and rhyme and singing
- A wide variety of craft activities encouraging independence and imagination, and sensory, creative and manipulative skills
- High standards of personal and social behaviour.
What Parents Say
“My daughter has enjoyed her time at your nursery very much and we have been incredibly impressed with your nurturing, caring and professional approach to childcare. Thank you so much for all you have done in making our daughter feel comfortable, cared for and safe.“
“I’m so proud of my little boy graduating nursery today! The staff here have done an absolutely fantastic job, I could not fault them in the slightest! You taught my son to write his name, corrected his speech on so many words, you taught him to be kind, to share and to respect others. Sending him to you was the best choice we ever made. I am eternally grateful for what you have achieved with my son in the first part of his life. He worships you all, I realised only today just how much love, dedication and commitment you put into each and every child. You should all be very, very proud of yourselves!“
“Couldn't speak more highly of this nursery! It's a little home from home and the staff are just fantastic in every way!“