We use the seven areas of learning from the Early Years Foundation Stage Guidance to plan for each child and promote development on an individual basis. Working hand-in-hand with the Early Years Foundation Stage Guidance, the educational development of each child is overseen by our qualified Nursery Nurses ensuring the children are given a wide variety of age-appropriate early learning experiences and support every step of the way.
The seven areas of learning used for planning are:-
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Physical Development
- Communication and Language
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
All areas of learning are equally important and even coverage of these areas is planned, observed, implemented and evaluated on a cyclical basis by your child’s Key Person as they progress through each of the age bands.
Through our planning, we encourage each child with the following skills which will help them to develop strong foundations on which to build upon at Primary School and beyond:
- Language, listening and attention development –working alongside the letters and sounds documentation
- Number recognition, counting skills and basic mathematical concepts
- Exploring and using media and materials, including first level Information Technology and use of computers and interactive white board
- Understanding people and communities and the World in which we live
- Early European Languages (normally French and Spanish)
- Physical play and development through extensive use of movement, dance and drama as well health and self-care
- Developmental music, rhythm and rhyme and singing
- A wide variety of craft activities encouraging independence and imagination, and sensory, creative and manipulative skills
- High standards of personal and social behaviour.
What Parents Say
“Highly recommend this nursery!! My daughter has gone for two years now and is leaving for school soon. I know she's going to miss the place and the staff and so will I!“
“The best decision my husband and I ever made was choosing Shooting Stars nursery for our son. He absolutely loves it and he cannot wait for his nursery days. He has become so much more confident in himself and has learnt so much. The staff are amazing and fabulous with the children!“
“I couldn’t ask for a better nursery, I would definitely recommend to anyone. The staff are brilliant, caring and always put the children first.“