This week Preschool 1 were keen to take part in another ‘Bake Off’ session! But this time, we have been weighing and mixing ingredients to create a real cake to eat!
The children helped to identify and weigh out the ingredients for their baking, using mathematical language to talk about needing more or less. The children took it in turns to mix the ingredients. After we had cooked our cake in the oven and waited for it to cool, we decorated it with lots of icing and sprinkles. The children gave it a taste test when they got home, and they have all said it was “YUMMY!!!”
New Development Matters:
PSED: Birth to 3 year olds will be learning to:
- Begin to show ‘effortful control’. For example, waiting for a turn and resisting the strong impulse to grab what they want or push their way to the front.
Mathematics; 3 and 4 year olds will be learning to:
- Compare quantities using language: ‘more than’, ‘fewer than’.
- Compare amounts, saying ‘lots’, ‘more’ or ‘same’.
Physical Development: 3 and 4 year olds will be learning to:
- Use one-handed tools and equipment
Understanding the world: 3 and 4 year olds will be learning to:
- Use all their senses in hands-on exploration of natural materials