This week Preschool 2 at Hinckley have been exploring healthy eating, inspired by the story Oliver’s Fruit Salad by Vivienne French.
The children created beautiful colourful still life paintings and enjoyed talking about the colours, smells and texture of the fruits that they observed
We then had great fun in a fruit tasting activity where the children wore dark glasses and had to describe and guess what they they were tasting.
We extended this activity by covering the left over fruit with cling film so that the children could touch the covered fruit and monitor what happens to the fruit as it decays.
Links to EYFS
Personal, Social, Emotional Development :Self confidence
- Confident to speak to others about own needs, wants, interests and opinions
Physical Development :Health and self care
- Eats a healthy range of foodstuffs and understands need for variety in food
Understanding the world: The World
- Comments and asks questions about aspects of their familiar world such as the place where they live or the natural world
- Developing an understanding of growth, decay and changes over time
Expressive arts: Being Imaginative
- Create simple representations of events, people and objects.