Level 3 Nursery Nurse – Kings Norton
THE SUITABLE APPLICANT MUST HOLD A LEVEL 3 CHILDCARE QUALIFICATION
This is a full time position working 40 hours per week, from Monday to Friday. We would also consider a job share, so please enquire if interested.
The hours of work are between 7.30am and 6pm
Why work for Shooting Stars?
- You will be eligible for our ‘Everyone Matters’ bonus scheme where employees can earn up to 5% of their gross salary (T’s & C’s apply)
- We offer an auto-enrolment pension scheme
- We offer a generous 50% staff childcare discount (subject to terms and availability)
- All staff have access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) which is a confidential 24 hour service offering support and advice for all aspects of life including health, well-being and fitness, legal matters, personal coaching. Accessible over the phone or via an app
- We subsidise social events for our staff to encourage team morale
- Each setting runs a staff recognition scheme to celebrate excellence
- Training and Celebration Events
About this role……
You know all of the standard stuff already, but what are we really looking for? Honestly? We are looking for someone really special!
If you are a practitioner who truly values children and childhood; who believes in helping children see the magic and wonder in the world around them no matter what challenges they face; who believes in really immersing themselves in play with children (not just supervising them); who can make every day an adventure; who is an advocate for children, all that they do, and all that they need; and who understands that nurture, high level emotional well-being and true creativity are the foundations for all other learning this might just be the job for you.
· Are you ambitious about what children can achieve?
· Are you excited and imaginative about creating possibilities for their learning?
· Do you possess an astonishing array of voices that can be used for dramatic effect in all kinds of stories?
· Are you devoted to making connections with families because you know that is the best way to understand children?
· Are you a confident multitasker, for example whilst being bandaged up (because you are the patient today) can you still ensure that all nappies are fresh and you have a plan for snack time?
· Do you get a real buzz from delivering fantastic customer service that makes families feel awesome about the provision you offer?
· Can you be a superhero (or a polar bear, or an astronaut) at a moments notice because that is what your audience demands?
· Are you more concerned about what children take home in their hearts and minds, than in their hands when they leave nursery?
· Do you love arriving at the end of a day and knowing that you made a difference?
If this sounds like you what are you waiting for, we’d love to meet you.
Essential – Minimum Level 3 recognised childcare qualification.
Desirable – Paediatric first aid qualification (but we will arrange this if you don’t already hold one); any related professional qualification (e.g. Foundation Degree, EYPS, EYTS)
Essential – Experience working in a children’s day nursery
Desirable – Knowledge and experience of delivering the EYFS; experience of Ofsted inspections; working with children with Special Educational Needs
Shooting Stars Nurseries are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children within our care and expects all those employed by the Company to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure. The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) helps employers make safer recruitment decisions. It also prevents unsuitable people form working with vulnerable groups, including children through its criminal records checking and barring functions.
We understand that any nursery, indeed any organisation, is only as good as the people within it. We know that it takes a very special kind of person to work for Shooting Stars.
Shooting Stars Nurseries are committed to ensuring that all our staff share our ethos; creating a values based culture where mutual respect, integrity and high quality interactions facilitate communication and understanding which empowers our children, parents and staff to succeed in a rich, stimulating care and learning environment within the nurture of our passionate, dedicated team.
Shooting Stars Nurseries are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children within our care and expects all those employed by the Company to share this commitment. All posts involve working with children and are therefore exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. You are therefore required to declare any convictions that you may have, including those that would otherwise be regarded as ‘spent’ under this Act
Job Type: Permanent
- Bonus scheme
- Company events
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Monday to Friday
- level 3 childcare qualification (required)